Thursday, September 22, 2011

Hate Surfaced

This an older poem of mine. It was on my old blog... But it's something interesting to read. Hope you like....

A painful process we have truly become. But I can honestly say That this isn't fun All the love is gone. And now hate is surfacing Don't worry, I'll never tell all the pain you bring But hey! I brought a fair share too That had you up nights like days all sad &blue The problem is and was It remains the same Can't be as one if we're in two different lanes So I won't twist and pull your arm, no more For, it wasn't a healthy successful destiny you were looking for What you wanted was superficial While I was deeper than our issues Issues that we, together faced daily Still, I was proud to say you were my baby But hate surfaced Once the lies exited your lips and finger tips You ripped my heart out and shredded it Once the truth finally surfaced... Opened myself up wider than the ocean, blue Vulnerable like a newborn without protection to block illnesses Trusting that all will go well and if any pain felt Wouldn't bring bloodshed and dried up tear stains But wishful thinking had my mind too insane That reality and I lost touch Like long distanced cousins But once thee big bang even arrived Reality & I Were back, tight! And I was crying about the lies, turning into the truth And the masked face unveiled Thought was a masterpiece was actually a knock off piece And hate starts to surface... Still love puts up a darn good fight But one gives up by the end of the night Hate overcomes and is the moodset between the two used to be best lovers How dare could this happen? All because lies were stacking on an unsteady foundation Waiting to bend All it needed was God to send the winds It broke and truth revealed How ugly and messed up it truly is Hate surfaced and won again Cause it wasn't true love we were even in Caught up in a fantasy trying to become true Couldn't work that way because it wasn't ever just Me & you And that's what pained the heart That it was over before it could even start All it took was.... Hate to surface

No comments:

Post a Comment